- How much does it cost to breed a pig per month?
- The “pignic food” developed by our company and a feed company is sold for 5,500 yen per month.
Click here for details→pignic food
In addition, toilet sheets, snacks (vegetables) and so on are also needed, thus the monthly cost will be about 8,000 yen to 10,000 yen.
We also sell “pignic sweet snack” which is a special snack for micro pigs.
- How big will the pigs be?
- The most common size for adult pigs in pignic is about 10 kg. They are about the same size as a French bulldog or Corgi.
Some of the pigs at the pignic farm are parent pigs. You can see the actual adult pigs.
The growth period of pigs is about two to three years. The pigs love food, so they eat as much as they are given and gain weight.
We ask owners to keep a close eye on the amount of food they give their pigs.
If you are an owner who has welcomed a pig into your family, you can consult with our professional staff about the health and breeding of your piggy.
- Can I breed my pig with other animals?
- We cannot say that this is not a problem, as it depends on the compatibility between your pet and the pig.
However, more than half of the owners who adopt pig from pignic already have dogs or cats.
We heard from the owners that their dogs and cats get along well with the pig.
- What kind of food are you feeding pigs?
- Please feed them special pignic food.
In addition, vegetables (carrots, cabbage, etc.) and fruits (apples, etc.) can be given in moderation.
Pigs will eat as much food as you give them. You need to prevent overfeeding and to ensure healthy growth. Our professional staff will answer your questions about the appropriate amount of food.
Some of the foods that should not be fed to pig are dog food, cat food, onions, chocolate. These foods are either too high in calories or toxic to pigs.
Detail page：Micro Pig Feed Trivia (Japanese text)
- I don’t know how to breed my pig.
- Our pignic staff specializing in breeding will be happy to help you. Please feel free to contact us. In case of injury or illness, we can refer you to a hospital in your area.
As for breeding items, you can basically substitute those sold for dogs.
Food and water containers, carrying cases, beds, toilets, harnesses and so on can be found at most pet stores.
- Are there any requirements for adopting a micro pig?
- You must be able to take care of your pig for its entire life with love and care.
We ask if you have breeding experiences with dogs or cats. Piggy gets lonely easily, so please try to spend as much time as possible with your pig in order to reduce their alone time.
Click here for details→For those of you who want to welcome a pig into your family
- How long does it take to get my pig?
- It depends on things such as the color of the pig you want, but it may take a few months to handover the pig to you. During this period, please prepare the breeding environment as a preparation period.
The reservation will be completed when we confirm the payment of the deposit. Pigs will be handed over on a first-come, first-served basis, so please make your reservations as soon as possible.
Click here for details→Pick-up process
- Is it possible to visit the farm?
- You can visit us at the pignic farm & cafe to see the actual pigs at the farm.
- Do you have a look after service for my pig?
- Our pignic hotel is managed by professional staff 24 hours a day. We take thorough preventive measures against epidemics under the guidance of the Livestock Health and Sanitation Center.
Click here for details→pignic hotel